- RSS Channel Showcase 7588089
- RSS Channel Showcase 7148152
- RSS Channel Showcase 7372479
- RSS Channel Showcase 7663286
- 05/01/17--22:24: Fresh to the market paintings lead Bonhams American Art Sale
- 05/03/17--10:46: Plans for Old Man of Mountain trail run into hurdles
- 06/12/17--07:34: Part of Franconia Notch trail closed for repair work
Fresh to the market works by Marsden Hartley, Henry F Farny and Robert Henri lead the American Art Sale, 24 May 2017 at Bonhams New York. Top lot Landscape No.
Plans for a new, universally accessible trail near the plaza dedicated to New Hampshire's famous fallen icon, the Old Man of the Mountain, have run into some hurdles. Wednesday marks 14 years since the 40-foot-tall granite formation resembling a man's face fell 1,200 feet to the ground.
The battlefield is ancient. Strewn with the debris of generations. Trees splintered, rocks shattered.
Part of the Lonesome Lake Trail is closed from Monday through July 28 while the Appalachian Mountain Club does rehabilitation and repair work. Visitors can still get to Lonesome Lake, the Lonesome Lake hut and surrounding trails via a detour that adds about a third of a mile to the hike.